Do people blog anymore?

I am feeling the urge to blog again... I think I just like the idea of putting my thoughts and my small accomplishments out there in some way. And, knowing hardly any one will see them is kind of freeing. I miss having someone to share all the tiny things about my life with who cares. I used to think I had a friend that did, but I found out recently I was wrong! So... I won't burden anyone else again with it all. I'll just put it all here and have fun, and then walk away and not worry.

I know that, for me, I love hearing about all the minutia of the lives of folk... am I a freak? Who knows... probably.

Anyway... perhaps I'll try this blogging thing again.

And, since this is a knitting blog... how about I start with knitting?



Well, crocheting. My kid, so cutely pictured in earlier posts, is now 14 years old. Crazy, right? They use they/them pronouns now, and started High School last Monday. This summer, they did a wonderful full-immersion Hogwarts camp for 2 weeks. It was their 2nd year, and it was as wonderful fun as it was last year. I got to guest-teach a class (cosplaying Molly Weasley in the jacket I crocheted for Hallowe'en ... many years ago, judging by the size of the kid.)  It was a Care of Household Magical Creatures, and I had a great time researching creatures that might be good around the home. One of them was Puffskeins -- because they can be cuddled hard and keep babies happy and entertained... and they eat pests like ants and spiders.

My intention was to make 9 of them - so each kid in my class could have one. But, as I was performing in Guys and Dolls at the time - I ran out of time. So, I made 4 - one for each Hogwarts House, for the kids to take back to their houses as a House-pet. The kids LOVED them, which was very gratifying. I had been making them assembly-line style, so after the class was over I just made 3 more. One, my kid and I kept as a souvenir. And the other 2 I gave to my dressing-room mates at Guys & Dolls, since they had been cooing over them while I made them backstage. 

Well, more later. Maybe. We'll see. Bedtime now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FO - Huckleberry Ascot from Interweave Holiday 2007

FO - Wavy Scarf & Elizabeth I!!

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly