FO - Fingerless Lace Gloves



They are finished! I think they turned out pretty well. At first, when I finished the first glove and had our Soprano try it on, I was unhappy because the fingers seemed too long. She was fine with it, but it irked me. So Saturday morning before heading to the final preview matinee & opening night, I ripped all the fingers back by about 3 rows and bound off again.

I'm glad I did it - I think they look much more suited to her hands this way.

Am very happy they are done and that I finished them in time for our final preview and opening night! Our costume manager has offered to pay me something for them - am not sure what to ask. I'll have to find out what my materials cost was and I'll probably just ask him for reimbursement for that and maybe $10 for my labor. It was, after all, not done for the money.

Specs:

Pattern: Vanalinn Lace Gloves by Nancy Bush from the book A Gathering of Lace
Yarn: DMC Cebelia Cotton size 10
Needles: Size 0
Modifications: I added one more stitch per finger, making my palm a little larger. Of course, my gauge was MUCH smaller than the original. But these gloves needed to fit very snugly and stretch. Obviously, I made them fingerless and bound off with a double crochet bind off.

Since finishing, I've been knitting happily away on sleeve #2 for Alice Starmore's Elizabeth I. It feel so incredibly nice to work with soft merino wool again. And my size 3 needles seem so large and friendly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FO - Huckleberry Ascot from Interweave Holiday 2007

FO - Wavy Scarf & Elizabeth I!!

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly