Shaker, and other wips


I am still plugging away on my Shaker from Rowan 25. I've knit the back and one sleeve complete. The other sleeve is knit up to the beginning of the armhole shaping. The left front is knit up to the neckline shaping and the right front is almost to that point as well.

Then, I need to figure out how to re-do the shoulder shaping or the armscythe is going to be too big and I will not like the cardigan. I think the width is actually okay, as I don't want it to have to stretch at all to fit me.

I am going to have to master the math. I can do this. I can. I think. Eep.

Meanwhile, I also have a few other wips to talk about.

Shawl with Melon Pattern from Victorian Lace Today: This is finished. I have a few ends to weave in yet, but otherwise it is waiting to be dyed. I have knit 3 swatches and I ordered "purple" and "burgundy" jacquard dyes from KnitPicks. I got a large pot from the thrift store that I can use for dying and now I just need to dye my test swatches and see which color I want to use for the finished shawl.

Zaftig from Knitty.com: All the knitting & crocheteting around the edges is finished. The holdup here is that the pattern requires 2" wide elastic. It's really hard to find 2" wide elastic, and the elastic that you DO find is heavy, thick elastic designed for use in waistbands and NOT for use under delicate breast tissue. Ouch. I did buy some, but the thought of it made me cringe.

Finally, I went to Stone Mountain and Daughter and couldn't find any there either. But I did find some lovely, delicate black mesh 1" elastic that I was pleased with. So I bought double the amount and have been stitching the two pieces together to make the 2" wide I need. Now that's finished and I just need to sew it in place on the brassiere. I keep looking for pretty ribbon I like as well - I like how that's done on the pattern. But I can't find a nice narrow ribbon that looks good with the purple yarn I chose. But that's just window dressing. (Headlight dressing?)

I have been very naughty and bought myself a giftie. I have an earring weakness, and when these flashed by me on Ravelry I clicked on them and had to buy them. I wore them today and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Aren't they great?? There are a couple of pairs left, check Sassafracreations out!!



I also have been a little naughty stash-enhancement wise, I found this really ugly sleeveless XXL full length dress at the thrift. Hand knit, clearly (the knitter even threw a couple cables down the front and knotted all her yarn joins.) And it's in a heavy worsted weight itchy wool yarn. What was she thinking? It looked to have never been worn. And it never will be now. 'Cause now it's all frogged and washed and dried and ready to be wound into lovely little balls of fabulously tweedy yarn. What do you think? Felted bag? Slippers? Both?



Well, time for me to toddle off to bed. I have a lot of work to do tomorrow replacing a bathroom sink and caulking a bunch of bathroom tile. And it's been BLOODY HOT here. I do not handle heat well, and all I want to do is lie on the bed with an ice pack on my forehead and the fan going full blast. But, no dice. Gotta work! Have a great weekend, all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FO - Huckleberry Ascot from Interweave Holiday 2007

FO - Wavy Scarf & Elizabeth I!!

FO - Melon Shawl - Margo learns that color can be changed!